Wherever possible, CCSI will partner with its parent organization, University Ministries, in offering residential opportunities to students.
The student housing division of University Ministries (UM Student Communities) seeks to provide faith-based residential community, programs, and services for college and university students.
Our mission is to:
- Offer a welcoming residential community for students who are interested in exploring faith in the context of their collegiate experience.
- Create a flourishing center of exchange in which a Christian vision of life is discussed, debated and explored in the context of other viewpoints in the contemporary academy.
- Provide a safe environment in which residents and those in other campus ministries can explore faith issues in lively discussion, yet without pressure or intimidation.
- Offer students opportunities for spiritual growth through Bible study, worship, fellowship, and service.
By signing a lease, residents agree to commit themselves to the above mission and the following covenant:
“As a resident of a UM Student Community, I will seek to maintain high standards of integrity in every facet of my life. I will treat others with dignity and respect, and respond to those who differ with me with civility and consideration. I will seek to live an exemplary life and cultivate habits of moral excellence. I understand that these commitments are incompatible with explicit immodesty, use of pornography, sexual relations outside of marriage, illegal or immoderate consumption of any alcoholic beverage, any illegal possession or use of a non-prescription or prescription drug, or abuse of legally prescribed drugs. In addition I will refrain from the use of tobacco and cannabis products and the storing or consuming of any alcoholic beverage anywhere on the premises.”
Because of the faith-based character of UM Student Communities, residents are required to:
- Affirm The Apostles Creed.
- Acknowledge that they have read and understand the Essential Statements of University Ministries.
- Give written agreement to the gender-based policies of UM Student Communities for residential quarters and bathrooms.